Tuesday 22 April 2014

Colourful Hooky Delights!




I am a huge fan of crochet and yarn and have been so ever since my nanny taught me to hook when I was a teenager.  I have such lovely memories of learning to crochet and to stitch with her and these memories will stay with me forever.  A few years ago I needed a refresher on my hooky skills and a very special mum of one of my friends came to the rescue and I have not looked back since.

The thing I love most about yarn is colour!  There are soooooooo many beautiful yarns and colours and I simply cannot get enough of them.

As you can imagine I have quite a collection of blogs that I am totally addicted to and this includes some amazing yarny, hooky, crafty blogs.

One of my favourites is cocorosetextiles.blogspot.com.au .

Coco Rose Diaries

You have to see this beautiful blog for yourself!!!  Simple, clean and pretty and full of her everyday potterings and creations.

One day this gorgeous creation popped up and I knew imeadiately that I had to investigate this further.

http://cocorosetextiles.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/ta-dah-of-happiness.html



Before I move on I just need to reinforce the urgency of adding this gorgeous blog to your favourites list!

So this post led me to another gorgeous hooky and colourful blog.

http://myrosevalley.blogspot.com.au/

My Rose Valley

And here I found this!

http://myrosevalley.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/the-story-of-nordic-shawl.html

This is a beautiful story!  Very touching indeed!



My next stop was here!!!!!!!!

http://myrosevalley.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/the-nordic-shawl-pattern.html


So by now you can imagine I was a bit excited and very pleased with myself! The pattern is very easy to follow and I was up for the challenge!

My next problem to solve was to find suitable yarn.  I was after cotton yarn and I had a particular colour scheme in mind.  I knew the perfect place to head to find some gorgeous yarn, sold by a delightful little biz right here in Australia!

My journey led me here.

http://littlewoollie.blogspot.com.au/

    little woollie

This blog is amazeballs!!!!!!  It is like that first cup of tea from my spotty teapot first thing in the morning!!!  I just love it!  And one of the other amazing things about Little Woollie is her yarn store!!!!!!

http://www.littlewoolliemakes.com.au/



This is not like any yarn store I have ever been to!  My parcel arrived in the most gorgeous packaging I have ever laid eyes upon!  I will post pictures of the packaging soon!  It is seriously the most gorgeous I have ever seen and as you can imagine I have made a few purchases from little bizzes all over the world!!!

I chose Heirloom Cotton 8 ply for my nordic shawl!  Wool makes me quite itchy so I always use cotton.

Here are the colours I chose.








Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!  Are they not soooooooo cute!!!!  So I have been busy hooking away creating my very own nordic shawl!!!  I have actually ordered some more of this yarn to make some scarves as well!!!!  

Here is a sneak peak of my shawl in progress.  The photo is not the best, however I will take my camera out into the autumn sunshine tomorrow and take some better ones for you and some pics of the packaging!


Oh I just love it, however this photo does the colours no justice at all.  So stay tuned for some better pics ASAP.

Have a great week everyone and keep your eyes posted for some new designs very soon.

Suzie xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. You are a bad influence, more crochet blogs to follow ..... i am already on creative inspiration over load here lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!! I Know isn't it awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete