Wednesday 13 November 2013

Making Christmas wrap with your kids.

Christmas is such a fun time for everyone and I have always loved getting my kids involved in the preparation for the Jolly Season.

One of our gorgeous christmas prints.
Last week I shared some easy and fun handmade Christmas card ideas to make with your kids.  This week I will share some gorgeous handmade festive wrapping ideas to make with your kids.  My kids wrap all the presents now and they just love it!!!!!!

First things first is to buy yourself some cheap rolls of brown paper.  They are soooo cheap and available everywhere.  I get mine from Woolworths.

Secondly, you are going to need some red, green and white paint!  This is essential.  However if you are not keen on paint, I have included great ideas that do not require any paint at all.  Oh yes, I can here some of you breathing a sigh of relief!  LOL!  I will convert you eventually, you know that don't you!  For this idea you will also need some festive cookie cutters!! Once again easily found at your local grocery store of choice.  You can see in the images below they have also used bubble wrap and doilies to print on their design on brown paper!

Source unknown Pinterest
Source Unknown Pinterest
Sticky spots and stars in festive colours are a great idea to use as well.  This guarantees no mess!!!!

Source unknown Pinterest
Sharpies are a great investment and can be used not only to create this super cute and easy gift wrap, they can also be used to decorate a unique one of a kind gift.  I will be posting about this next week!!! So stay tuned.  In the image below they have used a silver sharpie to decorate the paper.  Too cute!

Image Care of witandwhistle.com

 This is also a great idea to create polka dots or confetti using paint or ink pads.  Use the rubber on the end of a pencil.  What a great idea!

http://www.mohawkconnects.com/feltandwire/2011/10/14/do-it-yourself-confetti-cards-with-paper-craves-kristen-magee/
My favourite type of wrap for Christmas is brown paper with washi tape!!!!!  I am totally addicted to washi tape.  What is washi tape?  Washi tape is a decorative masking tape and it is fabulous!!!!!!!  It averages around $4.00 a roll and I use it in scrapbook and card projects but one of my favourite uses is to wrap presents!! I use washi tape and brown paper all year round!!!!!




Have a great week everyone and happy crafting!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment