Monday 19 August 2013

Display Ideas for your Kid's Creation...

As we just love Kids and Art here at Kids Art (obviously) we thought it would be cool to share with you some of our favourite art and craft activities, products and organising ideas with you all to help you foster those budding little artists that we live with.

Anyone who has kids, grand kids or nieces and nephews will know, as soon as those little peeps can etch a mark on a page, a collection of priceless pieces of paper begin piling up on fridges, in folders or in the special memory boxes.

If your little peeps are anything like mine I have piles and piles of priceless artwork lying around the house. Now I have a huge problem with clutter to start with.  Any piece of paper that enters my house is like a Gremlin that multiplies when it comes into contact with water (So love those movies).  So when you add kids artwork to that mix!  Oh my goodness those clutter piles get bigger and bigger and bigger.

The first idea that came to mind that I am sure everyone has trouble with is how to store and display all that artwork.  If you are like me and feel too guilty to throw any of it away and Mr 6 freaks out every time I try and get rid of anything you will just love some of the cool ideas I have gathered for you all.

Great idea to collect and display kids art, scan and minimize, arrange & frame!
Source unknown

simple as that: Project Simplify Wk 3: Organize + Display Kids Art
http://www.simpleasthatblog.com/2013/04/project-simplify-wk-3-organize-display.html?_szp=341808


This I think might just be my favourite idea I have discovered.  The aim of this is to take a digital photo of every piece of art your child does and then make a digital collage of that artwork.  This means that you only have to keep the really special pieces in your memory box and the rest can hang in a very sleek and modern display.  You can make your collage as small or as large as you like depending on your budget and available space.

This is a nice, organized way to display kid art.  I also like the gray/green wall color.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhKGK3qsXZfJg6BWFJ7Ve4rlsvsvdeACtzm6FGDBtdU-Z6of4foX5KHXnYhRZ2aTdiY08-9sCeDLp56LNRovFo09jv3axXuuBLLRR8hshjQGB5omguyQqFOXfwr37M7ntKME6QSqPa4CrlE/s1600-h/DSC07028.JPG

white mats and frames  Love the idea of framing children's art work to decorate the home.

http://pre-kteacher.tumblr.com/#9198208065

This is great for those of you who love to make a feature cluster of frames on your walls.

HowDoesShe display kid’s art – 28 ideas!

http://pufir.tumblr.com/post/53496751274

This idea is great and you can pick these type of line rails up at IKEA!

displaying kids art

http://www.jacquelynclark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/744575-1_z.jpg

This is great and I love using my many rolls of washi tape to attach the artwork to the walls.

display kid art

http://slowmama.com/home-design/childrens-artwork-should-it-stay-or-should-it-go-now/attachment/little-green-design/

different colored framed corkboards to display kids art or really anything I guess.

http://sarahndipities.blogspot.com/2010/10/friday-finds-bulletin-board-frames-wall.html

I love the idea of turning old frames into cork boards.  Op shops are a great place to pick up all types of frames and coat of paint and some cork is all that is needed.  I would paint my cork a colour as well and that creates a lovely backdrop for your artwork.

Well I hope you found something that suits you above.  There are sooooo many different ideas out there for displaying your child's artwork.  Have fun and please post if any of you use any of these ideas or if you have any great ideas that you can share with everyone!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment